Our Corporate Policy
- Hirely ensures that all personal data submitted through the Platform are handled in accordance with the relevant provisions of Hong Kong SAR Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the “Ordinance”). Hirely respects the User’s privacy in collecting, storing and transmitting your personal information. With that, Hirely shall endeavor to fully comply with the obligation and requirements of the Ordinance.
When does this Website Privacy Statement apply?
A. COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Collection of personal information
- We collect personal information from Service Vendors offering their products and services as well as from Service Users searching for those Service Vendors. Both Service Users and Service Vendors are required to create an account to be able to access certain portions of our Platform, such as to submit questions, participate in polls or surveys, to request a quote, to submit a bid in response to a quote, and request information. The type of personal information that we collect from you varies based on your particular interaction with our Platform.
- During the Account registration process, we will collect information such as your name, zip code, and email address. You also may provide us with your telephone number, mailing address, and demographic information (e.g., gender, age, political preference, education, race or ethnic origin, and other information relevant to user surveys and/or offers). We may also collect personal information that you post in your Offer, Profile, Wants, or Feedback, and any comments or discussions you post in any blog, chat room, or other correspondence site on the Platform, or any comments you provide during dispute resolution with other users of the Platform.
- If you are a Vendor and would like to post any information about yourself, we will require you to register for an Account. During the Account registration process, we will collect your business name, telephone number, address, zip code, a description of your services, a headline for your profile, first and last name, and email address. In addition, you may, but are not required to, provide other content or information about your business, including photographs and videos. We also may collect payment information, such as credit card information, from you.
2. Collection of Personal Information from Social Networking Sites
You may log into our Platform through your Facebook account. If you do so, you must enter the email address and password that you use for your Facebook account. We will ask that you grant us permission to access and collect your Facebook basic
information (this includes your name, profile picture, gender, networks, user IDs, list of friends, date of birth, email address, and any other information you have set to public on your Facebook account). If you allow us to have access to this
information, then we will have access to this information even if you have chosen not to make that information public.
- Cookies. We and our third party service providers collect information from you by using cookies. A cookie is a small file stored on user's computer hard drive containing information about the user. The cookie helps us analyze web traffic or informs us about your use of a particular website. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual, tailoring its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. When you visit the Platform, we may send one or more cookies (i.e., a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters) to your computer that identifies your browser.
- Disabling Cookies. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you disable cookies you may be prevented from taking full advantage of the Platform because it may not function properly.
B. HOW HIRELY USES THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- We collect your personal information and aggregate information about the use of our Platform and Services to better understand your needs and to provide you with a better Platform experience. Specifically, we may use your personal information for any of the following reasons:
- To provide our Services to you, including registering you for our Services, verifying your identity and authority to use our Services, and to otherwise enable you to use our Platform and our Services;
- For customer support and to respond to your inquiries;
- For internal record-keeping purposes;
- To process billing and payment, including sharing with PayPal or other third party payment gateways in connection with Platform and/or Hirely's products and Services;
- To improve and maintain our Platform and our Services;
- To periodically send promotional emails, which you may unsubscribe from at any time, to the email address you provide regarding new products from Hirely, special offers from Hirely or other information about Hirely that we think you may find interesting;
- To contact you via email, telephone, facsimile or mail, or, where requested, by text message, to deliver certain services or information you have requested;
- For Hirely's market research purposes, including, but not limited to, the customization of the Platform according to your interests;
- We may use your demographic information (i.e., age, postal code, residential and commercial addresses, and other various data) to more effectively facilitate the promotion of goods and services to appropriate target audiences and for other research and analytical purposes;
- We also may compare personal information collected through the Platform and Services to verify its accuracy with personal information collected from third parties; and
- We may combine aggregate data with the personal information we collect about you.
C. ELECTRONIC NEWSLETTERS, INVITATIONS, POLLS AND SURVEYS
- At our sole discretion, Hirely may offer any of the following free services on the Platform, which you may select to use or receive at your option. Certain of the following services may require you to provide additional personal information as detailed below:
1. Electronic newsletters
- We may offer a free electronic newsletter to users. We will gather the email addresses of users who sign up for Hirely for the newsletter mailing list. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by opting out of receiving newsletters during the registration process, by following the link provided in each newsletter that points users to a subscription management page where the user can unsubscribe from receiving newsletters.
- We may offer interactive polls to users so they can easily share their opinions with other users and see what our audience thinks about important issues, Services, and/or the Platform. Opinions or other responses to polls are aggregated and are not identifiable to any particular user.
- We may conduct user surveys from time to time to better target our content to our Platform users. We will not share individual responses from these surveys with any third party apart from the survey provider. We will share aggregate data with third party service providers, partners, and other third parties. We also will post aggregate data containing survey responses on our Platform; that data may be viewed and downloaded by other users of our Platform.
D. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
- Our Services are not designed for children under 18. Hirely requires that only persons 18 years of age or older use the Platform and/or the Services. By using the Platform and/or the Services, you hereby represent that you are at least 18 years old. If we discover that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
- We employ appropriate physical, procedural and technological security measures, which are reasonably designed to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure. Hirely may use encryption, passwords, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. No security measures, however, are 100% complete. Therefore, we do not promise and cannot guarantee, and thus you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will not be collected and used by others. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. Hirely is not responsible for the unauthorized use of your information nor for any lost, stolen, compromised passwords, or for any activity on your Account via unauthorized password activity.
- As a standard practice, we do not share any personally-identifiable or private customer information with third parties, unless they are acting as an intermediary. However, in some exceptional circumstances, we may share the information that we collect about you, including your personal information, as follows:
1. Information disclosed to protect us and others
2. Information disclosed to third party service providers and business partners
- We may contract with various third parties for the provision and maintenance of the Platform, Services and our business operations, and Hirely may need to share your personal information and data generated by cookies and aggregate information (collectively, "information") with these vendors and service agencies. For example, we may provide your information to a credit card processing company to process your payment. The vendors and service agencies are only permitted to use your personal information as necessary to perform its obligations to provide the Services to you. If you complete a survey, we also may share your information with the survey provider; if we offer a survey in conjunction with another entity, we also will disclose the results to that entity.
3. Disclosure to non-affiliated third parties in furtherance of your request
- Your request for services may be shared with third party websites with whom we have a contractual relationship in order to provide your request with maximum exposure. The post on the third party website will include the details of your request, including your location, but will not include your last name. Interested bidders, however, will be able to click on your request on such third party site, and will be directed to our Platform where they will have access to your first name and the first letter of your last name, as would any other service provider on our Platform interested in bidding on your request.
4. Disclosure to other users of our platform
- If you are a service vendor, the information that you post (other than your payment information) is available to other users of our Platform and our Services. Comments that users post to our Platform also will be available to other visitors to our Platform (see our discussion of User Generated Content below). In addition, we will post the results (in aggregate form) of surveys to our Platform. If you are a Service Users, your first name plus first initial of your last name, zip code, as well as the details of your request, are available to all visitors to our Platform. Bidding Vendors also will be permitted to see the Service User's full name and telephone number.
5. Information disclosed to law enforcement or government officials
- We will disclose your information, including, without limitation, your name, city, telephone number, email address, user ID history, quoting and listing history, and fraud complaints, to law enforcement or other government officials if we are required to do so by law, regulation or other government authority or otherwise in cooperation with an investigation of a governmental authority.
6. In the event of a change of control or bankruptcy
In the event that Hirely undergoes a change in control, including, without limitation, a merger or sale of all or substantially all of Hirely's assets to which this Platform relates or other corporate reorganization in which Hirely participates, and
is thus merged with or acquired by a third party entity (a "Successor"), Hirely hereby reserves the right to transfer the information we have collected from the users of the Platform and/or Services to such Successor.
In addition, in the event of Hirely's bankruptcy, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application or laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, Hirely may not be able to control how your information is transferred, used, or treated and reserves the right to transfer the information we have collected from the users of the Platform and/or Services to non-affiliated third parties in such event.
7. Information disclosed at your request
- We may share your personal information with other Registered Users to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information or if you explicitly consent to such disclosure upon receipt of a specific Service. For instance, when you contract for a specific Service with another Registered User, Hirely will send that Registered User a notice that includes the personal information that you have chosen to allow Hirely to reveal to users with whom you contract.
8. Aggregate or de-identified data
G. LINKS TO EXTERNAL PLATFORMS
H. UPDATING, DELETING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
I. WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE REGARDING USE OF MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you emails about your Account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
J. THIRD-PARTY AD NETWORKS
K. YOUR FULL NAME AND USE OF HIRELY INFORMATION
1. YOUR FULL NAME
- As a Registered User of the Platform you will select a Full Name during the registration process. All of your activities on the Platform will be traceable to your Full Name. Certain other people, including other Registered Users with whom you have transacted business via the Platform, can see a large part of your activity on the Platform.
2. USING INFORMATION FROM HIRELY
- The Platform facilitates your sharing of personal information with others in order to negotiate, provide, and use the Services. If you agree to contract for a service with another Registered User, you may need to reveal your name, email, phone number, or personal address to that individual so that the service may be performed. Please respect the privacy of others. You agree to use the information of other users solely for the following purposes: (a) Hirely-transaction-related purposes; and (b) using Services offered through the Platform.
3. ACCOUNT PROTECTION
- Your password is the key to your Account. When creating your password you should use unique numbers, letters, special characters, and combinations thereof. In addition, DO NOT disclose your password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, you are solely responsible for all actions taken via your Account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Thus, IF YOUR PASSWORD HAS BEEN COMPROMISED FOR ANY REASON, YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY NOTIFY HIRELY TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD.
L. USER GENERATED CONTENT
- We invite you to post content on our Platform, including your comments, feedback, pictures, and any other information that you would like to be available on our Platform. If you post content to our Platform, all of the information that you post will be available to all visitors to our Platform. If you post your own content on our Platform or Services, your posting may become public and Hirely cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
- THIS POLICY IS CURRENT AS OF THE EFFECTIVE DATE SET FORTH ABOVE. HIRELY MAY, IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION, CHANGE THIS POLICY FROM TIME TO TIME BY UPDATING THIS DOCUMENT. HIRELY WILL POST ITS UPDATED POLICY ON THE WEBSITE ON THIS PAGE AND FOR ANY MATERIAL CHANGES TO THIS POLICY WILL POST NOTICE OF THE UPDATED POLICY IN ADVANCE OF ITS EFFECTIVE DATE. HIRELY ENCOURAGES YOU TO REVIEW THIS POLICY REGULARLY FOR ANY CHANGES. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND/OR CONTINUED PROVISION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO US WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE TERMS OF THE THEN-CURRENT POLICY.
N. NOTICE TO NON-HONG KONG USERS
- Our computer systems are currently based in the Hong Kong, so your personal data will be processed by us in Hong Kong where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world. If you create an Account with the Platform as a visitor from outside Hong Kong, by using the Platform, you agree to this Policy and you consent to the transfer of all such information to Hong Kong, which may not offer an equivalent level of protection of that required in other countries, and to the processing of that information as described in this Policy.