“Joyeux Quatorze Juillet!”…. translation – “Happy Bastille Day!” Don’t miss out on La Fête Nationale. Hirely brings you awesome ideas to bring Bastille Day to life in Hong Kong. Frenchies and Francophiles, rejoice, pop the champagne & break out your beret : it’s time to throw a Bastille Day Party & indulge in our passion for la vie Francaise.
1.Breaking B(re)ad Get into a ‘french frame of mind’ with wrapped baguettes with calligraphed menus. So simple and chic. This is a definite Oui for any French inspired soiree! Grab the quality French-style bread at Classified & Ali Oli Bakery
2. D’eclair-ation of Love for France! Get in the mood early, enjoy French bliss with the classic French dessert eclairs! This DIY mini pastries happens to double as the perfect vessel for delivering mouthfuls of your favourite berries, nuts and crunchy candies.
3. A real feeding Frenzy Your dinner should feature a scrumptious charcuterie platter to start & an assortment of heavenly French cheeses (Fourme D’Ambert, Tomme de Savoie, Chabichou… yum!) It’s time to turn Gallic for the day! Get French Cheese here or here *That is the national flag of France made from blue cheese, brie & grapes.
4. “Anyone can cook but only the fearless can be great” – Ratatouille, 2007 Impress your guests with this beautiful, savoury Provencal Vegetable Tart. It is made with ingredients typically found in ratatouille : eggplant, zucchini and tomatoes. Get the recipe here
5. Everyone is fond(ue) of tasty & easy dinner. Fondue is a perfect crowd-pleasing dish that can be made in advance so that the host can participate in the festivities too. It’s social, it’s fun and instantly becomes the centrepiece of any social gathering. Here is the Recipe.
6. In an old house in Paris that was covered in Vines.. True to any celebration, you must serve a cake that looks great & tastes great! If you don’t trust your inner chef, order a custom cake from Hirely in theme with France: Tour Eiffel, Bleu, Blanc, Rouge & Madeline. Thank you to the Buerglers for the inspiration.
7. Let’s drink Champagne and dance on the tables Champagne, Saint Laurent, toile de Jouy.. we admit it: We easily fall for quintessentially French things. But there are no better chic party drinks than champagne. Pop for the occasion and raise your glass to “Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité!” *Please drink responsibly.
Keep your selection of fresh, elegant and light champagne chilled in these charming DIY floral ice buckets
Hirely wishes you a fab’ weekend! Share your Bastille ideas and pictures with us on Instagram by tagging #Hirely. Also don’t forget to check our blog for other articles.
Ready to throw a party? Compare and book services in Hong Kong on Hirely. All freelancers and small businesses have been personally vetted and curated. Party planning has never been this easy!
Tags: 2016, adults, bastille party, Celebration, Custom Cake, dinner party, DIY, face painting, french, fun, Hong Kong, Party, party planning, recipes, summer, tips